If you are thinking about hosting a Customer Advisory Board meeting, now’s the time to start planning. Here’s your first set of action items. CABs are not just another meeting you can rush to put together at the last minute. Continue reading
Mike Gospe was recently interviewed by Linda Popky, CEO of the marketing firm Leverage2Market, and author of the upcoming book, Marketing Above the Noise. The interview focused on some of the most common questions and expectations surrounding Customer Advisory Boards.
In this podcast, Mike shares a few stories about how some tech companies are using their CAB to identify and strengthen their competitive advantage. He answers a number of important questions executives wrestle with when they are implementing their first or revising their ongoing CAB program. Questions such as:
- What is a Customer Advisory Board, and how is it different from other types of customer meetings?
- Where do CABs fit in the larger voice-of-the-customer model?
- You often talk about an executive team wrestling with their “big question”. What is the “big question”?
- For CAB programs to be successful, you need to have the right executives participate. But how do you invite the right people, especially if you don’t yet have a relationship with them?
- What’s in it for the customer? Why would they want to attend?
- For our listeners who may be about the kickoff their first CAB meeting, what 3 best practices would you recommend?
- Where can our listeners get more information on CAB best practices?
For more information on Mike Gospe and KickStart Alliance’s Customer Advisory Board services, click here.
If you are thinking about hosting a Customer Advisory Board meeting sometime in September – November, now’s the time to start planning. Here’s your first set of action items. Continue reading
Customer Advisory Boards have become a common tool for B2B marketers. Unfortunately, companies continue to fall victim to three common mistakes that hurt there efforts. Here’s what they are and how to avoid them. Continue reading